Main purpose of job:
The General Manager will focus on growing the business with our existing customers and ensuring that standards are implemented and maintained. Obtain profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
Have Proof of right to work in the UK
Have a UK bank account in your own name
Be able to converse in English
Have a fixed place of residence and live within a reasonable travelling distance of the site
Main tasks of job:
1) Cash is banked on time, all building, and assets are kept to a high standard; security in place for building/stock etc; spot checks on high value items; achieve sales target; control of credit late payers and payments collected on time. Ensure warehouse opens and closes on time.
2) Take full responsibility for results achieved in the pub, including profit and loss (P&L) performance.
3) Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
4) Ensure that opening and closing procedures are adhered to, in line with company policy, taking account of security and the health and safety of people and property.
5) Work in all areas of the pub, bar, floor, cellar, kitchen and office to ensure that best practice is maintained by the team ad that any areas requiring improvement may be identified.
6) Forecast sales and wages weekly/quarterly.
7) Be responsible for accurate rota-planning, based on forecast sales and core wage budget.
8) Be aware of and adhere to licensing, data protection, Health and safety at work and COSHH legislation, at all times.
9) Identify and monitor training needs and take an active role in developing people.
10) Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
11) Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
12) Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
13) Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
14) Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
15) Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
16) Oversee maintenance of building internally and externally.
17) Must display excellent customer service skills.
18) Ensure all employees are dressed appropriately.
19) Responsible for stock check; ensuring responsibility for stock loss and products in stock.
20) Ensure all Health & Safety requirements are in place and maintained and all other regulations are met.
21) Carry out any duties instructed by Operations team and head office.
22) Any other duties as decided by the board of directors
42 hours per week
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum
If this sounds like you, please contact Global Highland on 01463 725882 for further information, or apply today and our Specialist will be touch today!
Job Overview: We are seeking a diligent and safety-conscious individual to join our team as an Industrial Cleaner. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized...Find out more
Our clients within the construction industry are seeking a motivated and reliable Labourer for one weeks cover. Responsibilities: ·Assist with various manual tasks on construction sites, including lifting, carrying, and...Find out more
Global Highland are looking for a careful forklift operator and general labourer for our client in Nairn. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency...Find out more
Are you passionate about nature and the great outdoors? Do you have a green thumb and a love for trees? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Join...Find out more
Duties: - Perform general cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming - Empty trash bins and replace liners - Clean windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces - Maintain...Find out more
We are currently seeking a Stock Operative to join our busy Stock Team in Inverness. You will be working as part of a team putting deliveries away within a designated...Find out more
"From the initial contact to all subsequent follow-up, the team at Global Highland have been engaging, enthusiastic and professional. I was paired up with a suitable role almost immediately and from there, the process has been transparent and seamless. Happy to recommend the team and will certainly look forward to dealing with Global Highland again in the future."
"I have been dealing with Global Highland for almost five years, and it's been a positive experience. The staff are all very polite, helpful, and caring, whilst remaining very professional. They found me work on several occasions and consistently presented me with opportunities. I have been very grateful for all their help over the years, and will continue to use them as and when required.""
Send your CV to register with us or give us a call.