Quality and Health and Safety Advisor
Global Highland are looking for an experienced Quality and Health and Safety Advisor to join our clients ever growing business.
- To ensure that our client complies with all Health & Safety, Quality and Environment regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining the relevant ISO accreditations; developing, implementing, reviewing and updating ISO manuals to support the accreditations.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all manuals, processes, procedures and safe working practices regarding Quality and Health and Safety matters.
- Communicate with all employees to keep them informed of all Quality and Health and Safety procedures and processes.
- Responsible for the reporting of workplace accidents and undertaking thorough investigations into near misses and accidents that occur.
- Assist colleagues in the completion of customer/supplier questionnaires and audits.
- Responsible for planning the programme of required internal audits, and prioritising workload to ensure agreed timescales are met.
- Engage with all departments and branches to gain a clear understanding of the business requirements.
- Coordinate meetings with Fire Marshalls, Environment champions and First Aiders, ensuring that they are all aware of their duties.
- Ensure Fire Marshalls and First Aiders have up to date training and keep a record of certificates.
- Prepare and distribute the Health and Safety Action Plan.
- Prepare and distribute the Environmental Action Plan.
- Review and update the Evacuation Plan and the Business Continuity Plan.
- Implement an inspection programme for Fire Extinguishers, Warehouse and Showroom steps, etc.
- Ensure PAT Testing is undertaken on all relevant electrical equipment.
- Regularly conduct internal and external premises checks, noting any Health & Safety anomalies and taking action to resolve issues.
- NEBOSH, NVQ or NCRQ Qualification preferred but not essential.
- Ability to influence others to ensure Quality and Health and Safety processes and standards are being adhered to.
- Good customer service skills when dealing with customers and colleagues.
- Knowledge of relevant Quality and Health and Safety regulations and processes.
- Understands the importance of data accuracy.
- Computer literate and able communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and make decisions relevant to the successful outcome and conclusion of the processes.
- Ability to respond positively to new challenges and change.
- The role will require occasional travel to other sites and therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated Safety Specialist to contribute to the overall safety culture of our clients organisation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
To apply, please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience in occupational health and safety. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Overview: We are seeking a diligent and safety-conscious individual to join our team as an Industrial Cleaner. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized...Find out more
Our clients within the construction industry are seeking a motivated and reliable Labourer for one weeks cover. Responsibilities: ·Assist with various manual tasks on construction sites, including lifting, carrying, and...Find out more
Global Highland are looking for a careful forklift operator and general labourer for our client in Nairn. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency...Find out more
Are you passionate about nature and the great outdoors? Do you have a green thumb and a love for trees? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Join...Find out more
Duties: - Perform general cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming - Empty trash bins and replace liners - Clean windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces - Maintain...Find out more
We are currently seeking a Stock Operative to join our busy Stock Team in Inverness. You will be working as part of a team putting deliveries away within a designated...Find out more
"From the initial contact to all subsequent follow-up, the team at Global Highland have been engaging, enthusiastic and professional. I was paired up with a suitable role almost immediately and from there, the process has been transparent and seamless. Happy to recommend the team and will certainly look forward to dealing with Global Highland again in the future."
"I have been dealing with Global Highland for almost five years, and it's been a positive experience. The staff are all very polite, helpful, and caring, whilst remaining very professional. They found me work on several occasions and consistently presented me with opportunities. I have been very grateful for all their help over the years, and will continue to use them as and when required.""
Send your CV to register with us or give us a call.