Main purpose of job:
The General Manager will focus on growing the business with our existing customers and ensuring that standards are implemented and maintained. Obtain profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
Have Proof of right to work in the UK
Have a UK bank account in your own name
Be able to converse in English
Have a fixed place of residence and live within a reasonable travelling distance of the site
Main tasks of job:
1) Cash is banked on time, all building, and assets are kept to a high standard; security in place for building/stock etc; spot checks on high value items; achieve sales target; control of credit late payers and payments collected on time. Ensure warehouse opens and closes on time.
2) Take full responsibility for results achieved in the pub, including profit and loss (P&L) performance.
3) Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
4) Ensure that opening and closing procedures are adhered to, in line with company policy, taking account of security and the health and safety of people and property.
5) Work in all areas of the pub, bar, floor, cellar, kitchen and office to ensure that best practice is maintained by the team ad that any areas requiring improvement may be identified.
6) Forecast sales and wages weekly/quarterly.
7) Be responsible for accurate rota-planning, based on forecast sales and core wage budget.
8) Be aware of and adhere to licensing, data protection, Health and safety at work and COSHH legislation, at all times.
9) Identify and monitor training needs and take an active role in developing people.
10) Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
11) Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
12) Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
13) Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
14) Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
15) Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
16) Oversee maintenance of building internally and externally.
17) Must display excellent customer service skills.
18) Ensure all employees are dressed appropriately.
19) Responsible for stock check; ensuring responsibility for stock loss and products in stock.
20) Ensure all Health & Safety requirements are in place and maintained and all other regulations are met.
21) Carry out any duties instructed by Operations team and head office.
22) Any other duties as decided by the board of directors
42 hours per week
£32,000 - £35,000 per annum
If this sounds like you, please contact Global Highland on 01463 725882 for further information, or apply today and our Specialist will be touch today!
We are seeking to recruit a Credit Control Assistant to join our client’s busy team. The successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate experience in a finance, administration or...Find out more
Global Highland are currently seeking a retail assistant to work in a busy clothing department where you will assist with the day to day running as well as deal...Find out more
Part-time Accounts AssistantThis is a part-time working for one of our clients in an industrial setting, based in Dingwall.Responsibilities:Daily bank reconciliation.Manage and process invoices for Purchase Ledger.Manage and process invoices...Find out more
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Technician to service and repair products in a workshop environment along with carrying out site repairs, basic first line remote support, and remote...Find out more
We are looking to hire a Service Engineer to provide a full and comprehensive installation, repair, service, and support of all products from our client’s facility in Inverness and other...Find out more
Warehouse Administration Team Leader We are recruiting for an experienced administrator who also has some experience of supervising a small team. This role will suit someone who is familiar with...Find out more
"Professional company, friendly and helpful staff that keep in regular contact."
"Fantastic Agency, Have kept me in work through some tough times."
Send your CV to register with us or give us a call.