Our award-winning civil and structural engineering and environmental consultancy client is currently looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a good track record in many aspects of geotechnical engineering, underpinned by a recognisable solid understanding of geotechnical principles. They will have a good base knowledge of ground investigation (GI) and will be conversant with Eurocode 7 design check methodologies for aspects such as shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls and slopes.
• Lead the design and management of multi-disciplinary ground investigations, including site supervision of sub-contractors
• Be familiar with common conditions of contract relating to ground investigation (ICC, NEC3, NEC4 etc.) and ensure these are adhered to on projects
• Review, sort and manipulate investigation data (including AGS data) to generate geotechnical ground models
• Assist with preparing calculations, drawings and other documents and ensure these are controlled during the execution of projects
• Assist with shallow and deep foundation design, including piles, bearing capacity checks and settlement analyses
• Operate geotechnical software, such as Holebase SI, LimitState: GEO and Settle 3D. AutoCAD skills are also preferable
• Help to draft factual reports and EC7 compliant GIR & GDR reports
• Contribute to the design of temporary works and enabling elements (e.g., temporary haul roads and working platforms)
• Assist with the design of permanent works such as mass gravity retaining walls and engineered slopes
• Help with project budgeting and report project financial performance to senior colleagues
• Liaise with our multidisciplinary teams (Environmental & Surveying) to provide our clients with a fully integrated approach to projects.
The ideal candidate will posses
• Good track record in geotechnical engineering, underpinned by a recognisable solid understanding of geotechnical principles.
• Good base knowledge of ground investigation (GI) and will be conversant with Eurocode 7 design check methodologies for aspects such as shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls and slopes.
• Prior experience writing clear and precise technical reports and comfortable presenting findings/recommendations.
• Can work to tight timescales and manage multiple projects at once.
• Full UK driving licence and the ability to attend client sites, as required.
• BEng (Hons) /BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering or a Geotechnical/Geological Science
• An MEng/MSc in Geotechnical Engineering (or equivalent) would be considered advantageous.
• Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body
If you wish to discuss this role in more detail please contact Lyndsey at Global Highland
Job Title: LGV Driver (Temporary)Location: Inverness, ScotlandHours: Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Friday 7:00 AM - 2:30 PMDuration: 6 WeeksJob Description: We are currently seeking a reliable...Find out more
Our client a leader in the engineering and environmental consultancy industry, currently looking for a Senior Temporary Works Design Engineer to join their growing team. Having recently been acquired into...Find out more
Job Title: Temporary Cook (Care Home) Location: Inverness Position Type: Temporary, Shift Work About the company: Our client is a leading care home dedicated to providing exceptional care and support...Find out more
Housekeeper Wanted for 5-Star Luxurious Hotel near Dingwall About Us: We are a prestigious 5-star luxury hotel located near Dingwall in the breathtaking Scottish Highlands. Our hotel is renowned for...Find out more
Head Chef Wanted for 5-Star Fine Dining Luxury Hotel near Dingwall About Us: We are a prestigious 5-star luxury hotel nestled in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, offering unparalleled...Find out more
Our client is an upcoming hospitality establishment situated in the picturesque landscape of Balblair, Scotland. With its breathtaking views and commitment to delivering exceptional service, it aims to become a...Find out more
"From the initial contact to all subsequent follow-up, the team at Global Highland have been engaging, enthusiastic and professional. I was paired up with a suitable role almost immediately and from there, the process has been transparent and seamless. Happy to recommend the team and will certainly look forward to dealing with Global Highland again in the future."
"I have been dealing with Global Highland for almost five years, and it's been a positive experience. The staff are all very polite, helpful, and caring, whilst remaining very professional. They found me work on several occasions and consistently presented me with opportunities. I have been very grateful for all their help over the years, and will continue to use them as and when required.""
Send your CV to register with us or give us a call.